You’ve recently launched a new website but, have yet to see it in Google or, BING’s search results. Maybe you are up late looking for an answer or, you tried searching your company name and don’t see it. Some common reason why are below:
- The domain name is too new.
Selecting a domain name is only half the battle. Your domain name hasn’t been around long enough (and active) for the search engines to “rate” it’s reputation. What you/your company do with the website is very important to the search engines and your visitors.
- The web site has had little traffic.
Have you done anything to promote the web site? This could be something like send out a press release, post to Facebook or, an email campaign.
- The web site has a high bounce rate.
Do people go to your website, look at one page and then, leave? If they do, that is considered a bounce.
- The web site is not “mobile friendly”.
Google has a tool for you to test mobile friendliness. It has also been pointed out that a lack of mobile friendliness could have an impact on rankings/traffic. If you don’t pass, maybe we can help.
- The web site is not organized and hard to navigate.
The harder it is for someone to go from page to page on your site, the less likely a visitor or, search engine may want to return.
- The web site has no inbound links from other companies, associations, etc.
Do you have links from other websites that link to your site? If you don’t, it’s harder for search engines to trust that your site is reliable and worth ranking. Or, maybe you need some links removed.
- The search engines have been blocked or, otherwise discouraged from visiting the web site.
When you site was launched did your developer/designer unblock access to your site? If they haven’t, there is very little chance that you will be ranked.
- There are no reviews of the website/company anywhere online.
Do you have past customers/clients? Have they left a review on Google or, Yelp? These reviews help perspective new clients and search engines understand something more detailed about your business.
Need a little help getting your site ranked? Let us know.