“AI will fundamentally change every software category, starting with the largest category of all – search,” said Satya Nadella, Chairman and CEO, Microsoft “Today, we’re launching Bing and Edge powered by AI copilot and chat, to help people get more from search and the web.”
From the press release:
What does this all mean for personal injury attorneys and how can I get access to the AI enhanced BING search?
In this blog post we’ll give you some tips to get ready for BING’s AI enhancements as well as explore what we know about ranking on this enhanced search engine and discuss some of the larger benefits of AI enhanced search both on the web and within proprietary law research tools.
How to Get Access to BING’s AI Search Engine & Get Your Personal Injury Firm Ready for BING’s AI Launch
For now, you can do a few things:
1. Sign Up for a BING account/login
2. Join the Waitlist and get Faster Access here. This page will ask you to set BING as your default search engine and install the BING app on your phone to “move ahead” on the wait list.
3. Review your content for thoroughness and completeness.
4. Make sure your Business is listed and verified on BING places for business
What Does AI Powered Search Mean for Personal Injury Law Firms & Other Professional Businesses?
We get some clues on what it will mean for those searching for personal injury attorneys, estate planners, accountants and other professionals. BING left some clues in their help document within their Webmaster Guidelines:
“The new Bing conversation mode builds on the existing Bing experience to provide users with a new type of search interface. Bing conversation mode generates responses using an AI model that has learned by processing a vast amount of text from the Internet. Based on the user query or prompt, the model produces an output that is coherent, relevant, and creative, according to the input and the context. The output can be a response, a web result, a poem, a story, a code, an essay, a song, or anything else that can be expressed in natural language. Bing Image Creator similarly uses an AI model that has learned by processing a vast number of images from the Internet. Based on the user prompt, the model generates an output image. The conversational model is also informed by and refines its output using available context, such as web results, feedback, and interactions, to improve its performance and accuracy. Ranking within conversation mode generally relies on the same parameters as the main web search results page.“
It appears, at least initially, that many of the same things we help our SEO clients with will be true for the time being. There is another interesting evolution that AI has the potential to help personal injury attorneys and others with in their research.
Personal Injury Attorney Website Analysis Checklist
FREE DOWNLOAD Does YOUR website stack up? Add Your Heading Text Here Your information will never be sold or shared. Only relevant information about Why People Click and this download will be sent to your email address.
Benefits of AI Powered Search for Personal Injury Law Firms & Other Professional Businesses
Wether you rely on Lexis Nexus and/or the Web, AI has the potential to bring a vast amount of intelligence and speed to your case law research efforts via:
- Improved accuracy of searches: AI search engines can provide more accurate search results than traditional search engines. This can help law firms and other professional businesses save time and money by providing more accurate results for your queries.
- Increased speed of search results: AI chat powered search engines can provide faster search results than traditional search engines. This can help law firms and other professional businesses save time and money by providing faster results for their queries.
- Improved user experience: AI enhanced search engines can provide a better user experience than traditional search engines. The algorithms used by AI powered search engines are designed to understand the context of a query and provide more relevant results. This benefits law firms and other professional businesses by providing a better end user experience to you and your legal team.
- Increased efficiency, time & money savings: AI search engines can provide increased efficiency for law firms and other professional businesses. The algorithms used by AI powered search engines are designed to quickly identify the most relevant results for a query. This can help law firms and other professional businesses save time and money when researching.